Monday, 12 October 2026

No.8

 Another one for the ever increasing rolling stock list, introducing No.8:

Rather simply a Fourdees 'Kedar' kit with the buffers cut off and filed down to the bufferbeam running on a Rapido Sirdar chassis. I finally found a shade of green that I liked for the steam fleet, this being Tamiya 'Deep Green' (XF-26) It has a nice quality in that it looks quite dark, but when under lighting like this appears lighter and almost has the slight yellowish tinge I was after.

It's a nice runner, but I am a little concerned about the weight of the engine half, it feels like it might be too light. This is going to be a case of unscrewing the chassis and a lot of trial and error, there isn't much room if any to spare in that body shell!

No.8 also holds the dubious award for being the engine that ate up my supply of small radius straw lining curves! If you look closely you'll notice a slight discrepancy between the two sides where I had to bodge some slightly larger radius curves to fit.

Where are they? No. Not telling!

No comments:

Post a Comment